- Because you think your child’s school focuses more on what he can’t do than what he can
- Because you’re fighting with your child at home over getting homework done
- Because problems at school are becoming problems at home
- Because the environment in your school allows for teasing and bullying
- Because your child is falling behind
- Because your school or your child’s teacher seems to be losing hope
- Because high school graduation seems a fading dream
How is The Winston School different?
- Winston offers hope to students and families who have experienced disappointment, frustration and failure in previous school settings.
- Winston is a caring, calming community where students with diverse abilities and challenges come together to focus on success.
- Winston is a joyful, warm place where students can enjoy being at school, making friends, being creative, and feel the weight of failure lifted off their shoulders.
- Winston is a flexible school which tries to make the classroom and curriculum fit the student, not fit the student to the classroom.
- Winston expects students to significantly improve and take on increasingly greater challenges as their resilience, self-confidence and vision for their future success grows.
The Winston School of San Diego is a registered 501(c)(3)